Wednesday 8 October 2014

Why write this Blog?


Home for over 20 years.


Having called St Kilda home for more than twenty years, this beachside suburb in Melbourne’s southeast never ceases to amaze me, inspire me, surprise me, and comfort me. It is home to a diverse and vibrant culture that continues to be interesting no matter what time of year, whether it be during the forty degree heat of summer, or an icy cold winter. There is always something to see and experience here. This blog is one way for me to share my love of St Kilda with you all.  
 

What I love about St Kilda.


What I love about St Kilda is its diversity. There is actually a local free publication called “Divercity” that is distributed by our local council, the City of Port Phillip. I love all the things that tourists adore such as the beach, the theatres, the festivals, the variety of cafes, restaurants and groovy bars where many of the arty-farty types hang out, but I also love the things that aren’t always listed on tourist and visitors websites, such as where to go for a good Chinese lunch special forunder $10, or a Laundrette that is also a solarium! I guess that during the cold rainy days of a Melbourne winter, one can maintain one’s summer tan while waiting for your whites to tumble dry.
 

Why I want to share


Since I travel a lot with my work, it is comforting to come home to such an energetic atmosphere where the people are just as dynamic as the weather. I enjoy the quirky aspects of this neighbourhood and enjoy sharing all of these fantastic things with other people. I am very passionate about St Kilda and that’s why I have lived here for so long.  When I travel, I sometimes wish there was a similar type of blog or website that has been written by a local that would give me insight into the area from a perspective of somebody who actually lives there. Having insider information is valuable and this is what I aim to do. The overall purpose of wanting to write this blog is to share all the things that I love about my neighbourhood and by doing so, maybe I can help people get around, find where things are, or just help them to fall in love with all things that make up life in St Kilda.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment